Monday 21 June 2010

mint leaves and ginger roots fried omelette

While I have prepared the pesto for Enrico, I have made myself this fried omelette for lunch.  I love it so much that I usually eat it with white rice and soysouce.  The wonderful smell of fresh mint and the ginger when they  are sizzling in the frying pan, release the fragrance that  it is able to trigger my sweet memory of  my hometown far far far away, my childhood, my parents (especially my mom when she was preparing this plate), dinners that were shared with the rest of the members of the family, and relatives that I have left behind...here you go,try it out...

Ingredients

A punch of washed mint leaves
A piece of fresh ginger root cut in julienne
One or two beaten egg or whole egg if you prefer
Some cooking oil
Soy sauce

Wash the mint leaves, cut the ginger in julienne.  Heat up the one spoonful of cooking oil and fry the ginger til brown and add the mint leaves.  Fry the mint leaves until soft then add in the beaten or whole eggs.  Once is done enjoy it alone with some soy sauce or with the warm cooked rice....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind words!
    When I read between the lines of your comments, I wonder you can read Chinese ... because you know the words on the gate mean store ;) And, from the bottles of sources and your amazing dresses on a post, I guess you definitely know Chinese.
    There is a fine thread linking distant people together :)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete